Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Let's Bee Social - WiPs Galore

My wonderful niece pointed out that I have a lot of projects on the go, and she is right! My first week home I  worked on getting my fun room organized and all of those WiPs sorted.  I even made a list! Since Saturday I've been sewing... when not having my eyes tested,  going to Dr's appointment, blood drawn, or any of the other time sucking day to day activities.  I finally got the first two blocks for the Harvest QAL done.  They are smaller than I like, but quick to put together, even with my off bubble seams and having to re-cut a couple of pieces. No purchases required for this one, I'm using what I have on hand.  Two more weeks to go and I'll be caught up :)  Likely not before Week 5 is released ;)



For the past three weeks or so I've been learning EQ7, I'm determined this time to stick with it!  I've done a couple of the Rows from EQ7 Seasons Row Along, and there are a couple more I'm hoping to get done.  Most seem to be paper pieced or applique and I don't enjoy either.  My thought is to do two rows of each season and put them together as a quilt.  LOL  But, me being me, I will likely change my mind again.  I took out the sashing between the  squirrels and nut in the Sew Fresh Quilts row in an attempt to make it the same size as the pumpkin row by Carol at Just Let Me Quilt.  It's still longer so I think I'll have to take out the other rest of the sashing... or just add sashing to the top and bottom then a border and turn both into table runners.  Only one heart in my pumpkin row... and there are 4 geese blocks in between... wrong sizing.  I should make it perfectly clear that the issues with sizing are purely MY OWN FAULT :)  The files, instructions and tutorials are excellent, when followed properly ;)



I also managed to get a Dog Gone Cute block done!  And September's row for the Spring Row 
Along.  





So... today my inspiration wall looks like this, makes me smile :)


Yes, I've been busy :)  Linking up with Lorna's Let's Bee Social #91 at Sew Fresh Quilts.  I hope you are enjoying your Wednesday, be happy, stay safe and share some smiles!



10 comments:

  1. I'm loving your inspiration wall. It looks so bright and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks amazing. I love it so far! The houses are probably my favorite, though. Just keep truckin' along, you'll get everything finished in no time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aubrey, I think maybe I should have used a light blue background for the houses, instead of the white.

      Delete
  3. Welcome back. Yes, you do always have a lot on the go. That dog is some cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja, now that I have my fun room somewhat organized it's great to be on this side of the pond! I was getting a little overwhelmed with all those projects, now it's just fun :)

      Delete
  4. Wow! That inspiration wall made me smile, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I face it when I'm sewing, definitely makes me smile :)

      Delete
  5. What lovely projects all! Your design wall makes me smile! I can see why you call it your fun room....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorna, it has to be fun or why bother :)

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)