Monday, September 14, 2015

BOMs Away

I think I'll be glad when ' Moccasin' is done.  The multitude of little pieces used in the construction of the blocks just aren't fun for me.  The July blocks (triangles made from a template that I made a mess of) still need to be redone and I didn't even attempt the August blocks (more curves)... but ta da, September's are done!  Very similar to the June blocks so they sewed up quickly.  They (and all the others) made it safely across the pond, so no excuses for not finishing this BOM.  I'm still not sure what I'll do about the undone blocks... maybe just a use a solid square where they are supposed to be.  LOL   Note to self... don't take on any more BOMs that use 9 inch blocks (or smaller)...  Still loving the colors though :)



Linking up with BOMs Away  at What A Hoot Quilts.

6 comments:

  1. These are great blocks. Great colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colors :) It's all those small seams that do my head in.

      Delete
  2. I try to avoid working with triangle templates as much as possible....never works out so l prefer HSTs instead...lt's a lovely block though...good luck sewing it together whatever you decide to do with the missing blocks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some triangles go together nicely, others make me pull my hair out. HSTs wouldn't have worked for the July block of this BOM,

      Delete
  3. I really love the colors in this, too. (I'm guessing you won't be starting a Dear Jane or Nearly Insane quilt any time soon, with their itty bitty blocks?) This BOM has such a unique setting - I like watching you work on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Lynette, you guessed right, no Dear Jane or Nearly Insane quilts in my future :) The cutting, the sewing, the pressing are all tedious when working with small pieces, in my not so humble opinion.

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)