Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Let's Bee Social #86

Lorna's 'Let's Bee Social' at Sew Fresh Quilts has become a weekly 'look forward to' for me,   It helps keep me motivated to post on my own blog plus encourages me to visit other blogs and support other bloggers by commenting.  This quilting/blogging/sharing gig is a win win for all of us :)  Long may it continue!

This week I've been working on the Hampshire Holiday QAL, again.  Set The Table #2 had us putting the blocks we made last week together in an Irish Chain pattern.  Setting blocks on point seems to be a great way to waste fabric... cutting off those blocks so patiently worked on in weeks 3 & 4 wasn't my favorite thing to do, but the finished top made me forget about that.  This quilt is approximately 65" x 82" and very loud.  It won't be finished on this side of the pond and has already been packed away in my already 'half full of quilting projects' suitcase.  There is not going to be any room for clothes by the time September 13 rolls around, but I'll have lots of WIPs to finish over the winter :)

Linking up with 'Let's Bee Social'




4 comments:

  1. Looking good. I really like the colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja, I'm really pleased with it :)

      Delete
  2. Oh well.. You can always mail some clothes back a couple weeks before. More room for quilts that way! I feel your pain on cutting away hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping the clothes I left home, to make room for fabric, will still fit :)

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)