Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Let's Bee Social #84

Working on QALs this week, I finished Week 4's blocks, 22 Sugar Plums (the same as last weeks only fewer of them) and 12 Roast Duckling, same as last week's Mincemeat Cakes only different fabrics.  Easy going, just strip piecing, cutting and chain piecing.  There was a little glitch with the pattern's fabric amounts so there was some cobbling together of one strip.  Not a big problem, but still a little disappointing for a paid for QAL.  I'm glad I didn't buy one of the fabric kits, I would have been more than a little annoyed.  There has been quite a bit of leftovers each week, which thankfully I have kept.  One lady used up the extras to make extra blocks, not sure what she did to squeeze the last four blocks units out of the 'short' fabric.  Lots of excuses as to why/how but still...





It's great to have several projects on the go :)  Monday I pulled out Week 2 of the Hearts Sampler... ahhhhh fusible applique? Nope, not in the mood for that.  So I pulled out August's  Moccasin... ahhhhh curves? Nope, not in the mood for that, especially more small ones, no matter how much the designer claims they are easier then February's.  Next. Spring Row QAL... paper piecing??? Oh good grief.  Three little butterflies, now seriously how difficult can they be?  For me, size matters.  I like big :)  I didn't do traditional paper piecing, I just used the paper pieces as guides.  On small pieces I find the paper just adds bulk.  Of course, my 'butterflies' are all backwards.  LOL  The butterflies got done, except for the applique bits.  Now on to the little flowers... maybe tomorrow or the next day, I want to work on something big :)


I got the cutting done for Modern Aztec, with only one OMG! moment.  I managed to cut too many 2 1/2" strips from the dark orange which left me short so had to cut extra light orange triangles.  That's going to make my triangle rows a little different, but I'm good with that :)


It's been one of those weeks and not a drop of the Captain in the house :)  I hope your week is going smoothly, stay safe, have fun and share those smiles :)

Linking up with Lorna's Let's Bee Social #84 at Sew Fresh Quilts.  Pop on over and see what others are up to this week, or at the very least to see the sweet little Dog block Lorna created!



6 comments:

  1. Looks like you have lots of projects in work. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, lots... maybe too many ;) Nah, there can't be too many quilt projects!

      Delete
  2. Your WIPs make my head spin! And I thought things were getting wild around here with 3 projects on the go! Looking forward to seeing the 27 new projects you start this coming week in next Wednesday's post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three projects... two babies... hubby... family committments... YOU'RE the one who makes heads spins ;)

      Delete
  3. Several projects on the go?? I think you have more than several on the go. LOL I can't keep up, but I love seeing all your progress. Great blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair, most are BOMs or monthy QALs and I don't have a job to rush off to every day. Lots of time = Lots of quilting :) Well, sewing really because I haven't done a lot of actual quilting.

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)