Monday, August 3, 2015

BOMs Away August 3

Not much time spent at the machine last week, with D on Holidays I spent a good portion of the time standing at the foot of the ladder while D washed down, then sanded, then painted (twice) the trim under the roof eaves (it has a name, I just can't think of it). We also did an over night trip to Manchester.  Train trip up and back, good food and a tour of the original Coronation Street set made for a wonderful break :)
Yesterday I managed to get the Hampshire Holiday blocks done for Week 3.  34 -  6 1/2" Sugar Plum blocks and 6 - 6 1/2 Mincemeat Cake blocks.  Just in time for Week 4 :)


Sugar Plums

Mincemeat Cakes

Week 3

Week 1, 2 & 3

Today I've been mostly cutting the fabrics for 'Modern Aztec', but needed a break so I did the June Block for MMQGMBOM.  Quick and easy :)  This is the first BOM our guild has attempted so there has been some confusion as to what blocks are being done when.  LOL  We've  jumped on board a just finished BOM at Sew Mama Sew, keeping it relaxed and pressure-less :)



Linking up with Lynette's BOMs Away at What A Hoot Quilts.  Enjoy what your Monday brings, be safe and share those smiles :)

4 comments:

  1. Lots of fun blocks. I love the fabrics you've used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy, I'm getting braver with fabric choices... sometimes :)

      Delete
  2. I've got my fabric selected for the BOM but haven't started yet. I'm jealous that you got to the set of Coronation Street. Hope you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coronation Street was awesome! I was like a kid in a candy shop hopping all over the cobbles taking pictures. I'll post the pictures on Facebook later :)

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)