Monday, August 10, 2015

BOM's Away August 10

This week I made the Flying Geese blocks for the Midnight Mystery QAL.  First time I've ever used the 'no waste' method to make them.  They turned out nicely... still lots of trimming, but that goes hand in hand with all the ironing involved in quilting :)  36 Flying Geese, nine of each orientation of the anchors.  I'm hoping orientation isn't going to be an issue in the over all pattern...


Linking up with Lynette's BOM's AWAY at What A Hoot Quilts.  I hope you are all enjoying your Monday, be safe and share those smiles :)


7 comments:

  1. I love that anchor print! Visiting from BOMs Away:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by Heidi and taking the time to post :) I love all of the prints for Midnight Mystery... I'm just a little skeptical about how they will fit into the pattern, but that's part of doing a mystery quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great flying geese. I love the no waste method

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly sewed up quickly. A good technique for multiple geese.

      Delete
  4. I do really like that no waste technique! I've got a ton I need to do up, too, for a quilt border. Need to clear some other projects off the work list first. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a list. I probably should, but I doubt I'd stick to it. Things I don't like doing usually slide down to the bottom of the pile.

      Delete
  5. This was my first time using this method as well. I haven't trimmed them yet.

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)