Sunday, August 2, 2015

ALYoF August Goal

For my August goal I'm going big.  On the cover of issue Twenty One of Love Patchwork & Quilting is a beautiful quilt by Cristina Tepsick called Modern Aztec.  It's a row quilt, which I love.  It has big blocks, which I love. And it has Parallelograms, which I've never done before.   Off to Midsomer Quilting I went yesterday, with magazine in hand, and home I arrived with a bag full of lovelies :)   I'm not going to make 'completion' my goal, I think that would be reaching a bit high so my goal is to get the cutting done and the top 1/3  pieced, that's two triangle rows, 6 A Blocks and 7 B Blocks (cut in half to make 14)

Linking up with A Lovely Year of Finishes August Goal Setting Party at Fiber of All Sorts.



While putting this post together, with magazine in front of me I've discovered that Cristina Tepswick is the quilter behind Pretty Little Quilts.  I've done  her QAL, Hillside Houses and her Summer Beach Quilt, both of which I enjoyed :)  I love the wonderful world of quilting via the internet!

12 comments:

  1. Love your colour choices on this one! I have no doubt you'll complete your goal again this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stuck pretty close to the pattern colors, except for the pink, I went more orange. I'm getting more and more solids into my quilts :) Three Konas in there, no clue what the names are ;)

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you've broken the project down to manageable chunks. Good luck, it will be gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so Edith, there are a couple of techniques I'm not very familiar with so wanted to give myself lots of space.

      Delete
  3. Great colours choices. The pattern looks intriguing. Good luck with your goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja. I'm juggling a few at the moment LOL

      Delete
  4. Good luck. It's a great quilt and I love your fabric choices

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina :) I did my first triangle row yesterday, I'm loving the colors!

      Delete
  5. Good luck! Looks like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! I was just wondering how you got your hands on a copy of the modern aztec pattern?!
    I've searched the Love Patchwork and Quilting website to order the magazine, or even just to subscribe but when I select Canada, the options for shipping disappear so I don't think they ship to Canada?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spend part of the year in the UK and had a subscription sent to my UK address. You can get a digital subscription, not sure about back issues though. http://www.lovepatchworkandquilting.com/subscribe-love-patchwork-quilting scroll down to the bottom.

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)