Friday, August 28, 2015

ALYoF August Finish

My August 'goal' for A Lovely Year of Finishes (#12 in the Goal Setting Link Up) was met, so that puts me  8 for 8 in this challenge so far.  All of the cutting is done (except for the sashing, I like to do that as needed, to allow for miscalculations/off bubble 1/4" seams) I did manage to mess up in the cutting, in spite of making notes and ended up with not enough fabric for the solid triangles so had to make extra print ones.  Didn't effect the overall look too much. The Triangle Rows went together so nicely, I'll definitely be using them in another quilt.  I'm quilting each section as I go with this one and  did some FMQ on the center blocks, along with some straight lines.  Not finished yet,  hopefully next month :)

Section 1 measures 90" by 31 1/2"  Big Bold and Beautiful :)

Cut and stacked in 'block' piles



Some FMQ - a little shaky but passable

Section 1

Linking up with ALYoF Finishes Party at Fiber of All Sorts .

I hope you all enjoy what your Friday brings you, stay safe and share those smiles :)

8 comments:

  1. Very nice... I like this colour combo. And look at you with the FMQ! I thought you'd sworn off it forever! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I did, but forever is such a long time ;) I call the FMQ in this project 'scribbles' . But... it is getting easier so I guess practice makes... well certainly not perfect, that would never work for me, but at least better :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, I didn't consider how much space a quilted piece would take up in the suitcase... yikes, two pairs of jeans and a sweater have been sacrificed :)

      Delete
  3. Your FMQ looks great. Your color combination is striking. Can't wait to see more of this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I want to keep this one on the top of my WiPs list so it'll be my September Goal in ALYoF to finish the quilting on section 1 and get section 2 done. September is my 'travel home' month, so I'll lose a few days to packing (this side of the pond), jet leg and readjustment on the other side of the pond.

      Delete
  4. Great job accomplishing your goal! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)