Friday, July 17, 2015

TGIFF 17/07/15

Quilt Matters  is hosting TGIFF this week, so if you have a finish to share pop on over :)  I have a couple of little finishes this week,  a toddler bib I posted about HERE and this morning went off to it's home in Bristol.  Once I got the boat sorted the rest went smoothly.  A fun project and I love the finish.  It'll be a bit big for the little guy yet, but hopefully he'll get some wear out of it in a couple of months.





The second finish is a small Wall Hanging I've been wanting to do for a few months.  In January  I almost hit add to basket for the fabric kit for Sewing Studio at  .... ummmmm 'Sew Sisters' maybe? but the pattern wasn't included and the link to the pattern wasn't working.  A couple of weeks ago, while nosing around in the patterns at Sew Fresh Quilts, there it was :)  I was a happy quilter :)  I used what I had on hand,  quilted with straight lines and outlined each patch with a decorative stitch.  I love it!








14 comments:

  1. Both are so adorable! I love the wall hanging and glad that you finally able to locate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jayne, the wall hanging was a fun project :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous, Kathy! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M R, it's always fun to link up.

      Delete
  3. Love your sewing room quilt! My favorite part about it is the decorative stitch you used to outline the blocks. It really makes all the difference.

    Your bib is adorable. I am impressed with the quality of your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dq, my quilting skills are improving in leaps and bounds, I think thanks to all of the Quilt Alongs and BOMs I've done over the past year. I've sewn for years, so that has certainly helped as well.

      Delete
  4. Love the bib and the wallhanging. I looks great with your fabrics. I've only ever seen the kit made up before now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Until I got it quilted I wasn't so sure about using prints, there didn't seem to be enough definition to the pieces. But once it was finished I was well pleased :)

      Delete
  5. What two great finishes! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, it's great to be able to share/brag about a finish :) Don't you just love the internet?!

      Delete
  6. I love that wall hanging of Lorna's! I've been thinking about making it for a while... if only I had more wall space in my studio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wall space can be an issue. I considered making a long pillow out of it. I love Lorna's patterns :)

      Delete
  7. Looks great. I saw that wall hanging some time ago but couldn't remember where I saw it. The bib is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja :) The kit was the first thing I saw, when I was looking for fabrics for a color wheel but at the time couldn't find the pattern. There are two versions... I <3 2 Quilt and I <3 2 Sew.

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)