Wednesday, July 22, 2015

MMQG BOM

The Maritime Modern Quilt Guild has jumped on the BOM band wagon so of course I have to play along :)  This is a 'just finished' BOM at Sew Mama Sew , we'll just be following it a year later :)  No rules really, if you want to 'sew ahead' that's ok.  I'll be making my blocks as the links are posted. The first two block links were posted so we can get caught up with the rest being posted, one a month, on the 15th.  I'm doing mine in solids, with the exception of one print which I will use randomly.  The blocks are all 12 1/2" x 12 1/2".  July's block was fun and quick, just strip piecing really.  August's block was ~~~gulp~~~ improvisational piecing.  I'm out of my comfort zone doing improvisational anything but I got it done, sort of.  It's not wonky enough and the colors are to clumped together, but it's done :)   


Palette


July Block

August Block

You don't have to be a member of MMQG to join in, just sew and share on Instagram using   #‎MMQGMBOM‬

6 comments:

  1. I've decided to join in as well. I'm going with Kona solids. I have to stop reading the internet -- I keep finding projects I want to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be so lost without the internet! Glad you decided to join, it's only one block a month, piece of cake really :)

      Delete
  2. You are so fast! Your first two blocks look great! That improv thing is out of my comfort zone as well, but I think that is what is good about this BOM, hopefully we will all learn something :) Love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased you decided to start one for MMQG :) I love BOMs and QALs (in case that isn't obvious) and have learned so much from doing them, But I think their main draw for me is minimal repetition :)

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)