Monday, July 6, 2015

Midnight Mystery - July

Month 2 of Midnight Mystery arrived and the cutting instructions were posted.  Huh???  I'm supposed to cut all of those wonderful fabrics, all at once, without knowing what I'm actually going to sew them into.  Talk about heart palpitations!  Yikes :)   An email to Cheryl, some words of encouragement from Jenn, knowing Anja is signed up for Midnight Mystery and some pacing and deep breaths I finally introduced the fabrics to my cutting board.  Someone in the Facebook group made the comment 'the first cut is the deepest', well, it was certainly the hardest one for me :)  I'm OK now that it's done :)


6 comments:

  1. These fabrics are so great together, this is sure to be a successful mystery. (sorry to blow up your comment feed - lol - I'm having a great time surfing your blog) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these fabrics, the colors, the feel of them and the way they play together, it was cutting them all at once that had me in fits. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment, they are my morning smiles :)

      Delete
  2. I sent Cheryl an e-mail as well LOL I went with my first gut instinct of choices and didn't look back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ok now that the cutting is done. I wish this was a weekly QAL instead of monthly, I get so impatient LOL

      Delete
  3. I love your choices. I'm doing this one as well. I'm so far out of my comfort zone that I'm panicing already. To a control freak like me a Mystery is seriously stressful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done a couple over the past year, this was the first time I've had to do all the cutting first. I like a mystery... sort of... almost. Actually, I have found out when it comes to quilting, I DON'T like a mystery :) Looking forward to seeing yours come together Gina, we can de-panic together :)

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)