Thursday, July 9, 2015

Little Joys

Little Joys Quilt Along is hosted at the Fat Quarter Shop's  The Jolly Jabber, with the sharing set to happen on Instagram.  Instagram confuses me, to say the least, but I'm willing to give it a go.  It can be fun to learn something new, sometimes.  Little Joys is a three week QAL so I'm sure I won't learn much in such a short time.  Still, yesterday I did figure out how to post a picture on Instagram... the # thing still confuses me, not sure how/when to use it ~~~big grin~~~
I'm a blogger, I like to share and brag and ohhhh and ahhh right here.  And on Facebook because it's so easy to link my blog posts to my Facebook.  Soooooo, I'll be sharing my progress with Little Joys right here.   I've done other QALs with The Jolly Jabber and have enjoyed each one from start to finish.  The patterns and directions are clear and accurate, the blocks are interesting and fun which makes for a nice finished project.

Week #1 - Fabric Selections
 I'm using fabrics I purchased at Midsomer Quilting in Chilcompton.


Left to right = Essential Sprig (Cream on Cream) by Makower UK - Lewis & Irene threaded with love Make A Christmas Wish (Gold Stars on Red) - Christmas Memories (Ornaments) by Judy Hansen for Paint Brush Studio - Holiday Flourish (Holly) by Peggy Toole for Robert Kaufman and Christmas Memories (Gold Swirls on Green) by Judy Hansen for Paint Brush.

Week #2 - Block 1 'Trim the Tree'  - Make 3
The cutting directions are for all three blocks, nice and easy, just cut and label then off to the sewing machine and ironing board.  Finished size = 10 1/2" x 10 1/2"








4 comments:

  1. Wow...I'm amazed at how many QAL's you find. I just joined Instagram as well and am trying to figure it out. Your trees look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I don't use Instagram, I can tell you that the hashtag (#) is searchable. So if you search #bothsidesofthepond, you can see all the posts that include the hashtag. If you do @whoever, it calls their attention to your post. Like if someone tags in you in post on FaceBook.

    I'm still resisting Instagram... though I am sorely tempted when there seems to be so much fun going on there! Kudos to you for trying something new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on Instagram. It does get easier. Great selection of Christmas fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on Instagram. It does get easier. Great selection of Christmas fabrics

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)