Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Let's Bee Social #82

This week I've been working on ~~~surprise surprise~~~ BOMs and QALs ;)   Hampshire Holiday and Spring Row QAL I've posted about HERE  and the newest addition to my growing list, MMQGMBOM,  I posted about HERE.    Little Joys Week 3 block is a Wreath called Home Coming, easy piecing so they came together quickly.



Yesterday I worked on my ALYOF July goal.  I put some practice time in EQ7, managed to make a similar pattern and got some of the fabrics I'm using loaded then played with border options.  When I sat down to actually do the borders I decided arrows all the way around was too much so went with corner blocks (flying geese) instead.  The size is 60 x 54, I would have preferred a bit bigger, but I don't want to over do on the borders.  I'll lay it aside for now...  Just some peek shots, I'll save the full shots for the end of the month.





Linking up with Lorna's Let's Bee Social #82 at Sew Fresh Quilts.  I hope your week has had lots of sewing moments, if so why not share them :)

8 comments:

  1. Those Wreath blocks are sure pretty - especially looking sweet with the Christmas tree! Those are some great ideas you have flowing for your arrow quilt. You were having a fun time playing around designing the borders. I like the simple version you decided to go with. Those small arrows in the corners look fabulous. Can't wait for the big reveal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little Joys is a cute little Christmas Wall Hanging, and a quick one, only 9 blocks (three of each pattern). EQ7 is still pretty foreign to me, but it is fun to spend some time playing around with it. My goal is to design and make a quilt from start to finish, but I'm a long long long way from that. With Which Way I was tempted to use up the rest of the jelly roll strips on the border but felt it would make it too busy and maybe take away from the simple one arrow design. I may have to consider another use for the quilt when it's finished, it's a bit small for my intended recipient.

      Delete
  2. Great wreath and tree. Can't wait to see how your arrow quilt turns out. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your Christmas Blocks. They will make a great quilt. I love your arrow quilt. EQ makes life so much easier for auditioning designs and sizes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more I play with EQ7 the better I like it :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, you really like BOMs. Me too! Working on something different keeps my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's what I find as well dq, plus as a reasonably new quilter, I get to work on my piecing skills and getting that 1/4 inch seam somewhat consistent :)

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)