Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Let's Bee Social #81

Wednesday again, already?  Where does the time go???  This week I worked on some Quilt Alongs, Little Joys, which I posted about HERE and Hampshire Holiday, which started on the 12th.  Our first week's 'recipe' was for Lobster & Eggs.  The blocks are 3 1/2" checkerboards, 24 of one color way and  12 of the other.  I some how turned some units during construction and had to redo a few, but they were easy and quick.







And because I just don't have enough QALs/BOMs on the go I had to sign up for another one :)  DOD Mystery Blog is hosting two, but I only signed up for one :)  Spring Row QAL started on the 1st and runs Monthly.  We have a month to get at least one block in the row complete and posted.  The first row is Village Houses and I've gotten the blocks pieced, I just need to do some applique work and do the quilts.  I should be able to get one block complete and posted by the end of the month.


I also worked on another Bib following a pattern at Positively Splendid.  It's a larger toddler size design which I made out of cottons instead of the towel.  I like the towel idea though...  I wanted to use my left over anchor fabric so made a sailboat out of matching colors.  It was fiddly getting the boat the right size, but I got there in the end.




Linking up with Lorna's LET'S BEE SOCIAL at Sew Fresh Quilts.  I hope your week has been a good one and next week is even better :)

11 comments:

  1. That bib will be too nice to get messy 'ole toddler food on! And I love those houses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Jenn, the bib really turned out lovely. I'm saving it for a TGIFF post :) I should be a pro at houses after doing the Hillside QAL but there were a few wobbly parts. Still fun to do so it's all good :)

      Delete
  2. Another QAL? ha ha ha You are the Queen. Love the houses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes all I can do is shake my head and click 'sign me up'. I meet such wonderful people through them, I just can't resist.

      Delete
  3. I chose to look at your blog and post as soon as I saw the sailboat. It has been quite awhile, but I have made several quilts with sailboats. They are usually a fairly easy pieced or applique block and work so wonderfully for a boys quilt or even a man. I also wanted to compliment you on your fabric choices, the oranges are such a cheery color I had to smile and then the anchor fabric is delightful. What a fabulous find for you and such a great choice for your sailboat. Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to drop by and post Brenda, it truly means a lot :) I had done sailboats for a resent QAL but they were much bigger than what I needed for the bib and most of the pieced patterns (I'm still shaky with applique and paper piecing) I found weren't what I had in mind so I played with the bigger one, used scraps for a trial run, tweaked my cutting sizes a bit and finally got one that I'm happy with.

      Delete
  4. You and QAL's are like me and swaps. We just have to hit the sign up button. Good luck with them all. I like what you've done so far

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and QAL's are like me and swaps. We just have to hit the sign up button. Good luck with them all. I like what you've done so far

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I work like a demon on the projects I have on the go, have 1 day where I don't really have anything to work on and spend it hunting down a QAL or BOM. The joys of quilting truly are endless :)

      Delete
  6. Kathy, I LOVE your houses for the swap AND your lovely blog! I can't wait to see them completely finished. I am still waiting for my Americana fabric to arrive so I can make up some for another quilt I am working on. I am glad the patterns seemed to work for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) The houses are fun to do, just the finishing now then I can post them and be ready for August :)

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)