Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Let's Bee Social #80

Busy keeping busy while waiting for a couple of Quilt Alongs to start, one today (the pattern was posted an hour ago) and the other on Sunday.
I made a couple of fabric containers, one using the 1 Hour Basket tutorial Jenn posted about last Friday on her blog, A Quarter Inch from the Edge.  And the other I used a lamp shade to make a pattern (I didn't actually use the lampshade, just took measurements from it and used it to draw the circle for the bottom).  The tube one is a bit too tall, but it works for rolled up pieces of fabrics.  I could have made two...  No special fabrics or batting, I quilted both the outside and lining pieces and they turned out fine.  Also, on the basket, I used a single piece of fabric for the outside and a single piece for the lining, so no seam on the bottom.  I was asked to make a bib for Finley so worked on that this morning.  I used a great little pattern called Bibs in All Sizes from Fishsticks Designs.



I worked a little on my A Lovely year of Finishes goal.



Framed the blocks for Snap Shots and got the first two rows sewn together. While 'framing' I realized I didn't have the white needed so my snap shots don't have matting :)


That's been my week between Socials :)  I'm linking up with Lorna's Let's Bee Social #80 at Sew Fresh Quilts.  I hope your Thursday is a great one, be safe and share those smiles :)

8 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to make one of those baskets. Perhaps that will be this evening's project rather than doing housework. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No compitition between sewing and housework... Sewing wins every time :)

      Delete
  2. Your fabric baskets are bright and fun! Love that bib for Finley, of course. I am always drawn to bright solids. Your projects all look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your bright colors have rubbed off on me. I still struggle with using solids, but more and more are creeping in :)

      Delete
  3. Love your projects, especially the baskets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sew easy to whip up in your spare time Gina :)

      Delete
  4. You are way too busy. I can barely keep up with the posts. Thanks for the shout out. I can't believe you made one within days of my finish post. You're a machine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a machine... just way too much time on my own :)

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)