Friday, July 10, 2015

July 10 TGIFF

Quilt Matters is hosting TGIFF this week, it took a couple of clicks to find it but I did :)  I have two small finishes this week, and saved the sharing for today.

First is a sweet little 'I don't have a purpose for it but HAD to make one'  Panda-Monium Mini  .  I used scraps from various other projects along with two Fat Quarters, quilted with straight lines, mostly, adding three decorative stitches just because :)  It finished at 18.5" x 20" and was a quick, fun project.







 The second finish was a bib, done using a Fishsticks Designs pattern.  Quick and easy and I like the idea of a front closure, easy for getting off.  I remember from moons ago when mine were little how difficult it was sometimes to get their bibs off... when I remembered to actually used one ;)  I used some John Louden 'Micro'  fabrics I purchased at Rose Quilts in Midsomer Norton, nice and bright :)
The 'invisible' layer was just a plain cotton and the backing is a piece of Kate Spain's Horizen line.  No fancy waterpoof/wipe clean fabrics.  I quilted the top to the invisible layer and left the back unquilted.  A little rough around the edges, but it'll catch messy drips and wash just as well :)





Linking up with TGIFF.  I hope your week has been a good one and your weekend is even better.  Have fun, be safe and share some smiles :)

18 comments:

  1. Panda-Monium is adorable! I love the special quilting detail you added! very nice. I love the bib too, but even though I am a big proposent of "use it up", I would be a little reluctant to use such a special bib...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm practical, I don't want things I make to not be used. The wear and tear gives character. :)

      Delete
  2. That panda is so cute!! Kudos on the bib.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both lovely finishes - love the blue and bamboo fabric in PandaMonium

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why didn't I see that bib pattern before? Thanks for the link. DT might have ones of their own before the week-end is out (Sew In tomorrow!)
    And the panda... I saw the preview pic and thought "Did she make a panda? What QAL is that?!" Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bib pattern is great, and comes in several sizes. The Panda is a freebie at Jolly Jabber (Fat Quarter Shop blog).

      Delete
  5. Love the panda. I'm glad the daughter hasn't seen it or she'll be nagging for one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I bet you could whip her one up in no time :)

      Delete
  6. Yay, glad you found us! That panda mini is adorable! So is the bib! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) The link on my sidebar helped in the search. As did the 'redirected' link.

      Delete
  7. I love the panda! Great job on the quilting! Visiting from TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the panda! The fancy stitch is perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I kind of thought it looked like a leaf. I maybe shouldn't have put a row across his nose ;)

      Delete
  9. ADROABLE finishes! I need to make on of those pandas. He is so friggin cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute, quick and easy, a perfect 'in between' project :)

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)