Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Happy Canada Day

Happy Canada Day!  Not much celebrating on this side of the pond, my Canada flag is 'somewhere in the loft' and since England is enjoying a heat wave, I won't be venturing up there to fetch it down.

July 1st already, this year is whizzing by :)  I've gotten lots of quilting time in, shared with like minded quilters on Facebook, Instagram (well, I have an account and I'm trying to figure out how it works), Flickr and of course on the Blogs. I know Instagram is quicker and more and more quilters are sharing there, but I'm  comfortable on the Blogs.

This month will be a busy one in my little sewing room across the pond,  along with my regular 'A Lovely Year of Finishes' challenge, Moccasin BOM and Vacation Time BOM, I've signed up for three Quilt A Longs, two of them 'mystery QALs', and a Technique Sampler BOM.

Mystery QAL #1 -  Midnight Madness at Meadow Mist Designs.  It's always difficult to choose fabrics when you don't know the design, but I think these four play really well together.  It started in June, with the Fabric selections and will run until March 2016 so will need a space in my suitcase come September :)  There is a Facebook page set up, so sharing will be easy :)


Mystery QAL #2 - Hampshire Holiday at LoveBug Studios.  This one is supposed to be done in the 2015 Downton Abbey Christmas fabrics... but I couldn't get them over here so decided to go completely off grid.  I really enjoyed Ebony Love's  Manor House QAL so I'm looking forward to this one :)  It starts July 12th and runs to August 23.  Another Facebook page to share on :)


QAL #3 - Little Joys at The Jolly Jabber.  This one is a Christmas theme Wall Hanging and runs from July 8 - 29.  No mystery and looks pretty straight forward.  Sharing will be via Instagram, which may be my biggest challenge.


BOM - Skill Sampler at Fun Threads Designs starts today (July 1) and runs until February, so another suitcase spot to find.  I'll be using whatever is on hand for this one, so no neat little rows of fabrics :)

Enjoy what your day brings!  Be happy, stay safe and don't forget to share some smiles :)


2 comments:

  1. Have fun with the QAL. I joined picked fabrics for the one hosted by Meadow Mist. I'm not sure how I feel about not knowing what the pattern is, but I'm going to play along anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit intimidating for sure, but I kind of enjoy not knowing... I think. It will be fun to 'know' someone else playing :)

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)