Monday, July 20, 2015

BOMs Away 20/07

It's BOMs Away Monday again at What A Hoot Quilts.  This week I've been working on the "Clothesline Village"  Row 1 of  the Spring Row QAL at DOD Mystery Blog.  I got the three houses pieced last week and this morning I sewed them together  and finished the little quilts, now I just have to decide if I want to hang them between trees or over a fence.






Yesterday the pattern for Week#2 of the Hampshire Holiday QAL was posted.  Turned out to be the same blocks as Week #1 so I sewed them up today as well.  Same blocks, same amount, different color ways.  But, as can often be the case, mine are NOT the same.  LOL   Last week I messed up on a few blocks, which I ripped and re sewed.  This week?  There won't be any resewing, all 36 blocks are going to remain with the diamonds pointing in the other (not wrong) direction :)  At least until I see how they are incorporated into the quilt top.




Linking up with BOMs Away.  Enjoy what your Monday brings :) 

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Kathy! Your houses are fantastic, and the little quilts are insanely cute. I bet the diamonds' orientation will be a non-issue - especially since it's a different color than the other diamond print. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping the orientation won't be a problem. There is one more of the tudor windows print (purple) which I'm hoping won't be used for more checkerboard blocks.

      Delete
  2. Your houses and mini quilts are beauties!!! Fingers crossed for your diamonds. I hope it is no problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I was trying to go by color and forgot about directional prints and how they can sometimes not play nicely.

      Delete
  3. Love the houses and the quilts are adorable

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your houses! I don't know where the find all the time. I'm exhausted just watching all the BOM's and QAL's you've been doing. Do you have magic for finding extra hours in the day? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Anja, my time is my own so if I want to quilt all day, I do :) I'm not a shopper (except to feed my obsession) and I don't know very many people on this side of the pond so when I'm here I need to keep busy during the day, I may as well do that at the cutting board or sewing machine. :)

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)