Sunday, July 26, 2015

ALYoF July Finish

My July Goal, #13 in the Goal Setting Party, was to piece the top of Which Way.  I posted about it HERE, HERE and HERE.  I used a Moda More Hearty Good Wishes Jelly Roll and Makeower Spectrum Block in Mid Blue, Cornflower, Sand, Biscuit, Cappachino, Slate, Ocean, Marine Blue and Charcoal for the center arrow and More Hearty Good Wishes yardage for the borders.  Yes, I broke down and purchased some more in spite of the price ;)  Size wise, it's still a bit smallish (60 x 54) for the recipient I had in mind, my 6'2 grandson, but I don't want to go mad on the borders.  It will be travelling back to Canada with me in September, so it won't be quilted yet, which gives me time to decide on final borders or not :)
The finish of the quilt top makes me 7 for 7 in the A LOVELY YEAR OF FINISHES Challenge, hosted by Shana of Fiber of All Sorts and Melissa of Sew Bittersweet Designs.



The Pattern

Palette

Strips
Squares

Some EQ7 Play
The Finished Top


Linking up with the Finish Party at Fiber of All Sorts.

10 comments:

  1. A great finish! I love it as it is, but I could see another border repeating the stripes. Look forward to seeing what you decide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather, I'm thinking at least one more, ending with the darker blue.

      Delete
  2. Another fab flimsy finish... I don't think you've missed a ALYOF finish yet. You're a maniac!

    P.S. Love the new blog header!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn, it had been awhile since I played with PSP or in the tweaking section of blogger. So many learning curves going on in this noggin so little time 😃 I'm 7 for 7 in ALYoF , it's a great way to keep motivated.

      Delete
  3. I love it! I see you're made some changes to the blog. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it as it is, too, but I have sons even taller than 6'2" and I think I would add a border. It would definitely work as a TV quilt, though. Your color palette looks awesome!! Congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sandy, I'm thinking a bit bigger.

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)