I've settled on the layout for Venice and made three more heart blocks with the rows going in the opposite direction, that left me with 5 extra blocks. I used two for cushion tops and three in the backing, along with the left over heart fabrics. The back is almost as nice as the top :) This is my June 'A Year of Lovely Finishes' project, so the finish pictures will be posted at the end of the month. If it is finished :)
Hillside Houses is still hanging over the back of the door. It's all sandwiched and waiting to be quilted and I love it, but haven't a clue how to quilt it. I'm limited with my Janome and lack of FMQ skills so it will be straight (sort of) lines. I'm thinking 1 1/2" apart in both directions (most of the blocks are made up of 3 inch pieces) or maybe 1/4" either side of the seams or should I go diagonal? Decisions do my head in ;)
I finished the last row of the Beach Quilt, got them sashed and together, pieced the back and have it all sandwiched and ready for quilting. I really don't like working with solids! They are so unforgiving and show every wrinkle. Quilting this one will be a nightmare for me :) No pictures of the back, I'm hoping once quilted the blue I used will look less horrible, wrinkly speaking.
This morning I settled on the colors for my 'hexie' cushions and I'll work on some more of them tonight while watching Corrie and whatever D channel surfs. I made some on Monday night, going with the EPP technique rather than using glue basting. They came together quick enough. I don't have many to do, so I shouldn't get too bored with them :)
Linking up with Lorna's LET'S BEE SOCIAL #77 at Sew Fresh Quilts.
I hope your day is a great one and the rest of your week is full of sewing moments :)