Wednesday, June 10, 2015

WiPs and Let's Bee Social #76

Wednesday again, and how did it get to be June 10???  Between exercising (my least favorite thing to do) and helping out with deck scrubbing I still found lots of time for fun room activities.  Lots and lots of cutting for my Venice Quilt, but the blocks came together nicely, just need to be squared up now.  I made 8 and have to decide if I'll use all of them in the top, or just 6 and use the other two for cushion covers.
Blocks Laid Out

Squares and HSTs

I also got Block 10 and 11 of  Pretty Little Quilts'  Hillside Houses done (Link to the QAL is on the sidebar).

Block #10

Block #11

 The blocks are getting a little repetitions now, as we near the end, and I think I'm starting to rush a bit :)  I laid the two blocks next to the others and noticed an Oops.  LOL  Not a difficult fix.  One more block to go :)


OOps

Fixed

Pretty Little Quilts also has a tutorial for a SUMMER BEACH QUILT which I couldn't resist :)  It's a 'row' quilt, which I really enjoy doing.  I'm using what I have on hand for this one and realized after getting the first three rows done that I really should have gone with white for the background, as the pattern suggested, instead of the Ash.  But, it was what I had... Nice big blocks, which I really like :)

Red Boat

Boats and Waves

Fish 

School of Fish

Row 1 2 & 3


 Linking up with Lorna's Let's Bee Social #76 at Sew Fresh Quilts.  I hope you have had a great week so far and managed some time in your 'fun' room :)

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I love your fish and sailboats quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving it too! Nice big blocks, lots of color, easy directions to follow and free, can't ask for much more :)

      Delete
  2. I really like that new row quilt. Your school of fish is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I like having an easy, relaxed project on the go to ease some of the more complicated moments :)

      Delete
  3. WOW..sew cute..looks like a really fun project

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the boats and fish. So fun. Once again, you have been very productive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to keep busy Anja. Quilting ticks all of the boxes for me :)

      Delete
  5. You have sure been busy with cleaning the deck and ALL THAT SEWING! Lots of hst's for sure. Your Hillside Houses is sure pretty. Love that you combined prints and solids and went with the dark roofs. Your row quilt is sure cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being busy keeps me out of trouble :) For the most part anyway... Hillside Houses has been fun, I'm looking forward to getting the last block done and the Wall Hanging completed. The houses also lead me to the row quilt... the next row is ~~~drum roll~~~ beach houses. LOL Do you have any more QALs planned? I really enjoyed Elephant Parade :)

      Delete
  6. Just had to stop by from Lorna's and check out this beachy quilt you are creating! I love the rows and it looks fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is Valerie, and so easy and relaxing. It was a 'have to do' for me :)

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)