Wednesday, May 13, 2015

QAL, BOMs and a Finish

Sewing blocks over the past few days (with a little bag making tossed in) and I think I'm caught up for May. Just in time,  as I fly off to Dubrovnik, Croatia at 6am tomorrow morning... which mean's a 3am wake up call.

Last week Lorna's 'Let's Bee Social' post led me to 'Hillside Houses' at Pretty Little Quilts . I'm loving the bright colors! I'm doing the wall hanging size, to brighten up the cream and white of the 'fun' room on this side of the pond.  I'm using what I have on hand, so a mix of prints and colors.  3, 1, 2... I messed up the order  LOL
Hillside House #3

Hillside House #1

Hillside House #2

Three little house :)  

I cut out two BOM blocks, 'Beach bag' for Vacation Time and 'Kitchen' for Snapshots,  then got side tracked on a Noodlehead Runaround Bag .


Beach Bag

Kitchen



Added Bonus... it's reversible :)

I got back to the BOMs and now I have the afternoon to finish packing... or sit in the sun and listen to music :)  I hope you all enjoying your Wednesday, thank you for dropping by :)

Beach Bag


Kitchen



 I'm linking up with Let's Bee Social #72, pop on over and see what our quilty friends are doing this week :)

4 comments:

  1. Your birdie apron is so sweet! I saw your pictures on the FB page as well, glad you got the puppy ears taken care of! I also like how your houses look like it's evening and the lights are glowing in the windows, the effect is neat.
    ~Brandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny, the poor pup's ears being upside down :) I'm using all yellow for my windows, the pattern calls for varied. Maybe I'll use a dark grey for the sky instead of blue, when I get to it. I don't think there is much sky in it. The pattern does say to use light colors on the left and dark on the right, to give some depth I guess. I like them, they could be set in a Maritime village on the East Coast of Canada :)

      Delete
  2. The houses are awesome. And loving that bag. Was it an easy pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super easy! The only reason it took me most of the day is because I quilted the blue fabric first. I didn't have any interfacing and didn't want it to be too floppy.

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)