Friday, May 29, 2015

TGIFF

I'm usually so excited about a finish that I do the 'Happy Dance' all over my blog as soon as it's done, which doesn't seem to ever fall on a Friday.  This week I hung on to my 'Finish' until today so I could link up with TGIFF at ANJA QUILTS.

I've blogged about B & T's play mats HEREHERE HERE and HERE,

This week I finished two play mats, about 40" x 40", using a Jelly Roll and some Fat Quarters from Kate Spain's 'Horizon' for Moda Fabrics and Gail Kessler's 'Dimples' in purple and green (or close enough) for Andover Fabrics.  The Moda fabrics I purchased in Canada and brought with me, the Andover fabrics I purchased in England.  I decided to do  a pieced back on both which turned out just as lovely as the fronts :)

Tomorrow they will travel to Cambridge to live with Brooke (3) and Tayla (1) :)

I hope your TGIFF was as fun to do as mine was!  Be sure to drop by ANJA QUILTS and see what others have finished this week.






Yesterday, to keep my fingers off the keyboard, I used the leftover Horizon strips to make this little pouch... whatever will I use it for???... oh, I know... LOL




Thanks for dropping by Both Sides of The Pond :)  Do you know what a roll of toilet paper is called on this side (England) of the pond?

6 comments:

  1. These are such sweet and pretty mats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm really pleased with how they turned out.

      Delete
  2. I believe the term might be "bog roll", but I could be wrong! I'm sure the girlies will love their little quilties. Lucky girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spot on :) I didn't get to see the girls on this trip, but I left the play mats with their great grandmother, she'll make sure they get them on their next visit. :)

      Delete
  3. The play mats turned out awesome. Job well done. I think they're called loo rolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I loved the fabric so it was a fun project to work on :) Loo rolls would work too, but I chuckle more over 'bog' rolls.

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)