Saturday, May 2, 2015

May Goal

My May Goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes is to catch up with the Moccasin Block of The Month.  I was doing really well with my BOMs, until I came over to England at the end of March, and had to leave all but two of them at home ~~~wah wah wah~~~

Working with solids has only recently piqued my interest, I've always seen them as kind of boring and soooooo unforgiving of my 'EEKs'.  I figured, since I left my Moccasin fabrics behind I may as well turn it into my first Solids project so went on the hunt for colors.  To make it easier to follow the patterns I went with the colors suggested.  Wasn't a difficult hunt, I found them on an online shop, Online Sewing,  they are all from the same Fabric line 'Spectrum Block'. Buying them was not as straight forward as normal as my credit card company flagged the activity as 'suspicious', phoned me at home, where I wasn't, so my sister phoned me with a number (no name) to call.  ME, use the phone???  Good grief, I have a difficult time using my home phone, trying to figure out how to dial a European toll free number almost had me in panic mode ;)  With a little help I managed to get through and after answering the list of questions, oked my purchase, which was then delivered within three days.  Not too shabby :)  My one deviation from 'solids' is the white, it's actually white on white (tiny flowers) and I bought it at the LQS, Midsomer Quilting.  Much more relaxed shopping :)  

Even with a week away (Croatian Classics Cruise), and knowing that January, March and April have multiple blocks, February's is a small block with curves and May's is a Dresden,   I'm pretty confident I can get caught up.  January, February and March's blocks have all had a trial run, after all :)


I'm linking up with A Lovely Year of Finishes'  May's Goal Party at Sew Bitter Sweet Designs.  Do you have a goal for May?  Want to give yourself an extra push to get 'er done?  Why not join in, it's easy and fun and you can win a prize :)

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful comments I am curious what a moccasin block looks like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was intended to be colors! I have no idea how it ended up as comments! :)

      Delete
    2. Auto correct does my head in sometimes :)

      Delete
    3. Moccasin is the name Anne Marie Chany came up with for her BOM. The link is on my sidebar, but I should have included it in my original post...and now I see I can't add one in a reply (or at least it's not as straight forward).

      Delete
  2. Love the colours. Have fun playing with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... another BOM. You are dedicated! Love those solid selections... nice to see my brainwashing has been working! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Jenn, it was bound to happen :)

    I enjoy BOMs, I like the variety and they are great for building my skills and confidence.

    I like quilt alongs too, but they are sometimes a little taxing on my time and I get frustrated when I fall behind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love your color choices. No problem commenting! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent! The colors are lovely and they are really looking good in the blocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not so sure about the whole 'I'm not a robot' thing... does that go away?

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)