Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Another WiP Wednesday :)

Between  watching Snooker and a Bank Holiday Monday, I managed to squeeze in some WiPs this week and got a good start on the Moccasin blocks for my A Lovely Year of Finishes Goal.  A trip to Cambridge is planned for the last weekend in May so I want to get the Playmats for Tayla and Brooke finished.  With the Croatian Cruise (May 14 - 21) that leaves me a little shy on time to sew.  I should still meet my goals, just :)   Of course, following along in the Meet Marititme Modern Blog Hop and checking out what others are doing to Bee Social, and finding another QAL ;),  means I have to actually get off the computer in order to stay on track with my sewing.  :)










I'm linking up with Let's Bee Social #71 at Sew Fresh Quilts.  Enjoy what your Wednesday brings, stay safe and be happy :)

8 comments:

  1. Nice progress on that Moccasin project! Love those curves! You have a nice sunny spot by the window for sewing. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wonderful spot Lorna, I'm so lucky :)

      Delete
  2. Love your work area Kathy! Looks like you have mastered that tricky curved piecing.
    Wow what a busy month you have planned - I hope it all is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say mastered Lara, the finished block has a few wrinkles, but my seams matched up better the second time round so I'm happy with the wrinkles. :) Considering I just got back from a week long trip to Spain (Apr 19-26) I'm feeling a bit like a gypsy with all the traveling :) Not complaining though!

      Delete
  3. Kudos for attempting curves. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja. I don't mind curves, but these were a bit small for my big hands :)

      Delete
  4. Ah... getting away from the computer in order to sew. Wish someone would write a tutorial or a QAL for that! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Computer to Sewing QAL sounds like a job for Lorna :) LOL

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)