Tuesday, May 26, 2015

A Lovely Year of Finishes - May Finish

5 for 5 in  A Lovely Year of Finishes Challenge, woo hoo :)  I blogged about my 'restart' of  Moccasin  Here . My May Goal Setting post was #10 . The link to Ann Marie Chany's BOM is on my side bar.  Knowing I was going on a Cruise (May 14 - 21) I worked to get all 5 months of blocks done before sailing, which I did with a couple of hours to spare for packing :).  I'm liking the solids!   I'm still drawn to prints when I visit the fabric shops... but more solids are finding their way into my basket :)

 January - Two 9x9" Ladies Blocks with many many many small pieces. Versions of Lady of the White House and Lady of the Lake



 February - One 9x9" Windflower Block with small curved pieces.   I'm still struggling with my seams matching up.


 March - Three 9x9" Blocks. 2 Shoofly and 1 Crow's Foot  Easy piecing so they went together quickly.




 April - Two 9x9" Bosonic String Blocks.  Kind of like paper piecing, only easier ;)




 May - One 9x9" Dresden Plate.


I'm linking up with the May Finish Party at  Fiber of All Sorts.  At least I hope I am, one can never really be sure the links are working :)

5 comments:

  1. Awesome blocks!! Glad to see solids keep appearing in your stash LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still finding they are less forgiving, especially of wrinkles ;)

      Delete
  2. These are looking fabulous! Lovin' the solids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) The solids do make them stand out.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)