Thursday, April 2, 2015

Elephant Parade

A quick post to link to the Elephant Parade linky party at Sew Fresh Quilts.  Pop on over and drool over the sweet variations of this QAL.  This was a fun, relaxed and easy to follow QAL.  I didn't do as many blocks as most, and wasn't sure what I was going to do with them until close to the end, but I love the little wall hanging the blocks turned into :)  I've blogged about Elephants on Parade several times so I'll just post a picture of the finished results, hanging on my design wall.  It will eventually 'live' on the Family picture wall in my stairwell, but I got a little busy with travel plans, so for now it's still hanging in my NS 'Fun' room.


7 comments:

  1. Adorable! Your parade turned out fantastic! LOVE the LOVE..... Thanks so much for quilting along, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorna, I really enjoyed doing this, the blocks are so sweet and make me smile :)

      Delete
  2. Now that is just adorable! I'm finishing mine up this week. Did you only need to adjust the sashing widths to make the rows the same length? I'm thinking what a good idea for a banner with a child's name on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some simple adjustments. I cut my sashing strips as I went. I added a thin strip on either end of the bottom row, so it has double sashing, but it doesn't show now that it's quilted. And I agree, a great way to personalize a child's room :)

      Delete
  3. Great finish. It's awesome! I might try a wall hanging as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those elephants are all over the place! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)