Tuesday, April 28, 2015

April Finish for ALYoF

Knowing that I was going on a trip to Spain for some fun in the sun I finished my April Goal (Post #5) early.  Good thing too as I haven't been near my sewing machine in almost two weeks!  Haven't blogged either and it almost feels like I'm starting from scratch.  Things change so quickly in this electronic world... or maybe I'm still swirling red wine in/on the Costa del Sol :)

Fox Kits is finished!  A wonderful little pattern by Lorna McMahon at Sew Fresh Quilts. I enjoyed this from start to finish!  My only whine, I wish I had quilted it at home on my little Brother with the wonderful curvy stitches.  My Janome here in England doesn't have as many stitch options.  I guess I'm just going to have to work on my FMQ  ~~~shiver~~~  But for Finley's Fox Kits, it was straight (mostly) stitches, changing  directions to get some texture :)  Still fun and I'm happy with the results.

I used various Fat Quarters, mostly Wal Mart specials ;)  The back is pieced bits of woodland animals, colored dots on brown (also used for the binding), with Finley being centered, pretty much :)





   I'm linking up with A Lovely Year of Finishes at Bitter Sweet Designs if I can unscramble my head enough to sort out HOW to :)  Pop over and take a peek at some of the wonderful April Finishes!

10 comments:

  1. That is only lucky boy! I love Lornas patterns. I like your stripy quilting as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Lorna's patterns as well Iris, she obviously puts effort into them :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome!! So glad you were able to finish them. I've got the quilt top done for Fox and Friends. Hoping to madly sew tonight so I can finish for tomorrow's deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those foxes are adorable! Aren't they hard to resist!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES they are! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :)

      Delete
  4. It turned out beautifully! You, Adrienne, and Anja have me sorely tempted to buy those fox patterns! Hope you had a lovely time in Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pleased with it :) Spain was great, weather was warm but not sweltering, food was good, vino a little too good ;) Our Hotel was over half full with British seniors, I've never seen so many relaxed Brits in one place :)

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)