Wednesday, April 8, 2015

08/04 WiPs

Getting my 'Fun Room' organized on this side of the Pond has been slower going than I anticipated, but I've finally managed a couple of days of sewing, mostly getting reacquainted with my Janome... which is not as much fun to sew on as my Brother:)  I already know I'm going to miss my wavy stitch... back to not so  straight stitching I guess ;)

First through the machine is the backing for Fox Kits, nothing fancy, just basic piecing of the fabrics I brought over from Canada.  FINLEY was done before I came over and I worked around it.  This is my April goal for ALYoF so I was glad to get the backing done.  I still need some 505 Basting Spray so I can get the quilting done.  Hopefully I'll get it this weekend.  With a week in Spain coming up, I'll be pushing it to meet my goal.





I got the April block for Pat Sloan's Vacation BOM done.  Penny Arcade turned out nice.  It was one of two BOMs I was able to cram into my suitcase.  The others had to stay behind, with soooooo much else.  I had lots packed, but had to remove most of it because of weight restrictions.  My carry on was a struggle as it was.



And I've been working on log cabin style pattern called Scrappy Steps from the March 2015 issue of  popular patchwork, which was waiting for me when I arrived (along with January, February and Aprils) :)  I'm using a Jelly Roll for this, so zipping along nicely.  I'm hoping to make a couple of play mats for D's great nieces.



Linking up with Let's Bee Social #64 at Sew Fresh Quilts.  Pop on over and see what others are up to this week :)

3 comments:

  1. I love the colors of Kate Spain's Horizon, those are going to be some very cute play mats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colours in those playmats... I'm sure they'll love 'em!

    P.S. Your fun room looks to have some beautiful natural light! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you made it across the pond safely. Hope you are as productive there as you were here.

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)