Wednesday, March 4, 2015

WiP March 4

Not much sewing this week other than some BOMs.  The March block for Pat Sloan's Vacation is called Surf's up.  Three months in, and I realize my fabrics aren't near as 'fun' as they should be for this BOM.  I still like them though, and that's really all that matters :)
Surfs Up

Boardwalk- Toes In The Sand - Surfs Up

Three blocks for Moccasin this month, all straight forward piecing.  The link to Ann Marie Chany's 2015 BOM is on the sidebar :)





2 January - 1 February - 3 March
This week's block for 'Elephants on Parade at Sew Fresh Quilts was a cute red bird.  My right brain/left brain decided to not co operate, so I had a little trouble with the tail pieces, but got them in the end and love these little guys :)  All of the blocks are sweet!



That's been my week so far.

25 Sleeps until I cross the pond and settle into my 'other side' fun room.

Linking up with Lets Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts.   

4 comments:

  1. You are sure a busy block maker, Kathy! Love them all... But of course I am partial to those pretty red bird blocks. Love that dotty red fabric you chose. They look fantastic! Curious... What do you mean about crossing the pond and settling into your other side fun room? You're moving from where to where?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spend time on both sides of the Atlantic, gives me the opportunity to have two 'fun rooms' and experience quilting in Canada and England :) This trip will be almost 6 months, with two wonderful holidays planned, a week in Spain in April and a week long Croatian Cruise in May. I'm so spoiled ;)

      Delete
  2. Great blocks! Love the vibrant green.

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)