Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Social WiPs

Not as busy in the fun room this week, between snow moving, my sister arriving home from Cuba and packing for my departure to 'The Other Side' of the Pond my sewing time has been limited... most days none at all.  But, I did manage to get my March AYoLF done.  The runner is a bit longer than necessary for our table, unless we put the leaf in, but the colors are wonderful!  It matches the stained glass wanna be in the window.   Better pictures are coming...



I finished my Elephant Parade wall hanging, I went with horizontal wavy (not sure what the stitch is called) with a straight stitch in between.  I so enjoyed doing this Quilt Along, each week made me smile.  No full pictures yet, I'm hoping to link up to the Finish Party next week... I might be late, what with a 6 hour flight Saturday night and a three hour drive Sunday morning and some settling in time.






I've also picked my April project for ALYoF.  I pieced the top of Fox Kits a while ago, absolutely love this little pattern, so my April challenge is to get it finished, it's already tucked away in my suitcase :)



Linking up with Lets Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts.  Pop on over and see what others are doing, or just to see Lorna's newest animal soon-to-be-pattern.  It is sweet!

8 comments:

  1. Just love your elephant parade! Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new table runner is looking very much suited to it's surroundings. So pretty! Glad to see your Elephant Parade pics, too. Love that polka dot sashing and the way you used the Serpentine and straight line stitching together. Looks fabulous! Which side of the pond are to moving to? Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorna :) I'm travelling from Canada to England. I leave Saturday night and I'll be returning to 'This' side of the Pond in September. I get to sew/blog/brag from Bath, UK for almost 6 months :)

      Delete
  3. That stained glass is beautiful, I'm sure it's capable of being the inspiration to many quilts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite something when the sun shines through it across the table, a lovely place for a morning tea :)

      Delete
  4. Lots of lovely WIPs this week... even if you weren't cranking out your usual volume! Can't wait to see that fox quilt come together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the finishing is as much fun as the top has been :)

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)