Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Middle of The Week

Another Wednesday WsIP post :)  I moved my sewing machine to the dining room so I would be downstairs and company for the dogs, good thing the other two humans are on holiday, my 'stuff' has taken over :)


 Only one BOM  this week  Debby Kratovil's Galaxy of Stars    


Week 6 of Elephants on Parade at Sew Fresh Quilts gave me a little grief... I guess flowers aren't my thing :)   Angles always give me a hard time and I think I rushed my piecing (or maybe the fabric I used was too unforgiving).  Still haven't decided what I'm going to do with my Elephant on Parade blocks, but I've certainly enjoyed the Quilt Along so far :)



I got the top and back pieced for my March ALYoF at Bitter Sweet Designs and got them sandwiched and ready for quilting, so I'm well ahead on this month's challenge.  I wanted to get it done early as I'll be travelling at the end of the month and it won't be coming with me :)




And a good start on Perfectly Paisley, my 'meant to be MMQG Sew In project'.  A bit tedious sewing all those little squares, but the fabric is lovely to work with.  I'm still iffy on the star blocks, but I'll stress about them when I get there :)  Yes, picture three is a repeat...




Linking up with Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts.  Pop on over and take a peek at what others are up to :)

7 comments:

  1. Great blocks. You have been busy...again....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm so grateful for this obsession, it keeps both mind and body busy plus it's fun fun fun :)

      Delete
  2. Isn't it fun to sew in a different environment? I love getting to the dining room table for a sew-fest! The issue with your Elephant Parade flowers might be a bias one... HSTs can be tricky depending on the method used to create them.
    P.S. It was nice to see you mentioned in the Top Five for the 4x7 Challenge! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say definitely the size is an issue, not much room for error. And I did rush them... and I used shot cotton, which is flimsy compared to most cottons. I had a lot of 'bunch ups' when joining the pieces. I don't know what 'shot' means in fabric land, but I think I'll give it a miss the next time ;) There were actually no HSTs in the flowers, the angles are made sewing a square on the end of a rectangle (flying geese style) I messed up a couple of times on the leaves, sewing the wrong corner to corner on the bottom square, and had to do them over again. I'm going to try making some others.

      Delete
    2. And yes, it is fun to sew in a different environment, even within our own little nest :)

      Delete
  3. You look busy. I am a dining room sewer. It's nice not being isolated. Thanks for sharing all your pretty work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your comments, thanks for dropping by :) It's nice to be in the main stream for sure, but I tend to spread out as I quilt so sewing in the dining room is a little trying on my 'neat freak' side. The 'fun room' is supposed to be a mess of scraps and threads and half empty bobbins, the dining room, not so much :)

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)