Wednesday, March 25, 2015

March A Lovely Year of Finishes

My March goal setting link is #5 at Fiber of All Sorts and blogged about Here earlier this month.  I finished the runner and place mats last week, so I'm now 3 for 3 with A Lovely Year of Finishes challenges.

I did most of the sewing at my dining room table on this one, wanting to be downstairs with the dogs in the day, while my sister escaped from Snova Scotia to Cuba for two weeks.


While working away I realized that the wonderful colors in the runner matched the stained glass (it's not really stained glass, it's painted) window hanging.


The pattern is from the Spring 2015 issue of Quilter's World.  It's called Let's Celebrate, designed by Julia Labauve.   There was a lot of cutting involved, and keeping all of those pieces organized took some thought, but I followed the tips given and things went well.  I didn't get adventurous with the quilting, sticking to  mostly straight lines with some waves for interest.  Seems to be my favorite at the moment :)  It's too long for our table, without the leaf in, but I'm still happy with it.








  Linking up with A Lovely Year of Finishes at Sew BitterSweet Designs.  I hope you met your March goal, be sure to have a peak at what others have finished this month.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you for going three for three! I'm looking forward to linking up my finish tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos! Don't you just love these link ups to help with completing projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This whole cyber quilting arena is awesome. So many talents, inspirations and encouragement :smile:

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)