Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Feb 25 - WiPs and Let's Bee Social

The last week of February and lots of things are getting worked on in my Fun Room.  I finished the top of  English Manor, the backing is in planning mode.  I had originally planned to take the top to England with me and finish it there... Downton Abbey being a British creation and all, but I'm waffling and think it might get used more if I leave it home.  Space in my suitcase might be the deciding factor.  Either way, it won't get quilted anytime soon.

I've been working on my In The Forest bed runner, the end of February deadline is looming if I'm to fulfill my Lovely Year of Finishes challenge for this month.  Not a lot left to do, maybe a few more lines of quilting and the binding and it will be finished.



This weeks block for Lorna's  Elephants on Parade QAL turned out so sweet.  As have all of the blocks so far.




I'm all caught up with my February BOMs, QALs, ROMs so pinned them to my design wall to admire for the rest of the month :)


I started working on Fox Kits, a sweet sweet sweet little quilt that I first saw at chezzetcook modern quilts.  I absolutely fell in love with Adrienne's finished creation so followed the links, bought the pattern and hit my stash.  Once I got started I just seemed to keep on, the pattern is awesome, another Lorna treasure at  Sew Fresh Quilts. The top came together with no issues, obviously Lorna puts the time into testing her patterns, for which I am grateful.  I found some cute forest animal fabric at Wal Mart a couple of weeks ago so will use that to make a backing.  I want to incorporate the name of the little guy this quilt is meant for on the back as well.  This will be an 'England' finish.


 
I'm linking up with WiP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced Modern Quilts and Let's Bee Social #61 at Sew Fresh Quilts.  Pop over to both and see what our quilty friends are creating this week :)

6 comments:

  1. Such a lot of great work! The foxes look fabulous and I just love that tortoise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Lucy. The Elephants on Parade are all sweet blocks. I'm thinking of doing some funky colored ones.

      Delete
  2. Oh, that bed runner is sure sweet! Love the quilting. Your design wall is looking so happy. So many nice blocks up there. Of course, my favourites are from the Elephant Parade. *Wink* And your Fox Kits quilt top.... Pretty!!!! I am not sure what an England finish is, but your choices for backing are a lovely stack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) By England finish I meant it will be finished in England. It's easier to pack an unfinished quilt, it doesn't take up as much space :)

      Delete
  3. Wow. You have been busy. Love the elephants and friends. Love Fox Kits! I'm planning to get Fox and Friends, but having seen Fox Kits twice now, I think maybe need that pattern as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Fox Kits pattern is awesome, I definitely recommend it.

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)