Tuesday, February 17, 2015

BOMs & QALs

2015 has been all about Block/Row of The Months and Quilt Alongs for me.  It's a way to work on my piecing skills and not get bored as sometimes happens when doing the same block/pattern over and over.  My fun room is cluttered with various labeled  bins, baskets and plastic zip bags but most of the time I can find what I'm working on.  Most new blocks are revealed at the beginning of the month, two are weekly (revealed Mondays) and two are revealed on the 15th of the Month.

Two blocks from earlier in the month:

Moccasin Block #2
gen X quilters

Vacation Block #2 - Toes In The Sand
Pat Sloan at Free Quilt Patterns
I decided not to do Pile O' Fabrics Skill Building BOM 2015, the prep work alone had me in fits and with my upcoming trip to England/Spain/Croatia,  taking on something that complicated wasn't in the best interest of my sanity.  Instead, I decided to use the fabrics already gathered on another BOM.

Galaxy of Stars Block #1
Debby Kratovil Quilts

Galaxy of Stars Block #2
Debby Kratovil Quilts

 I worked on this week's block and row yesterday and this morning, which catches me up on all of my monthlies :)

Snapshots Block #2 - Sew On and Sew On
Fat Quarter Shop


By The Bay Row #5 - Fish
Fun Threads
All 57 blocks of the English Manor Quilt Along are done and pinned (in groups) to my design wall.  I'm still mulling over the layout and need to put the names on at least one of each group of blocks.


 And this week, while nosing around in Jenn's link up at Quarter Inch From the Edge I found a new Quilt Along, Elephants on Parade.  I'm not doing ALL of the blocks, and I have no idea what I'll make out of the ones I do make, but they are so cute I know I'll find a place for them :)  The link is on my sidebar.

Elephants On Parade - Week #1 Large Elephants
Sew Fresh Quilts

Elephants On Parade - Week #2 Small Elephants
Sew Fresh Quilts

Elephants On Parade - Week #3 Frog
Sew Fresh Quilts

That's me caught up with this month's quilty fun, what ever will I do with the rest of February???





2 comments:

  1. You have been busy. I haven't picked out my fabric for Galaxy of Stars yet. I need to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had most gathered for another BOM which I decided against. I'm planning to make Galaxy of Stars for my oldest grandson and so far I'm liking the blocks. The first month had a small paper pieced part, which went smoothly. When I go to England my suitcase is going to be crammed with BOM fabrics LOL No room for clothes... I guess I'll have to buy them over there ;)

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)