Sunday, February 1, 2015

4 x 7 Challenge

The 4 x 7 Challenge is hosted by Sarah @ Berry Barn Designs and runs all month.  The challenge is to work on something for YOU for at least 30 minutes a day during the month of February, with link ups on Saturdays and prizes at the end.  A little bit of free fun to get us through February :)  Click the button on the sidebar for all the details.
Today I finished up a sweet little Tote to take on my Cruise in May.  I followed a pattern in Fons and Porter's Winter Celebrations, Winter 2014 Issue called Timely Tote, designed by Laura Blanchard.  I loved the colors used in the magazine, but I didn't think they would work for a Croatia Cruise so I used a variety of teal Fat Quarters (Ann Kelle for Robert Kaufman, Patty Young for Michael Miller, Andover and Wal Mart prints).  All that's left to do is find something (either buttons or beads) to decorate the ends of the straps.  And maybe a clasp?  I think I'll hit my bead collections and see what I can come up with.  I used two 'fancy' stitches, waves on the top, bottom and straps and loops on the body.  Love them both :)  I have nothing teal in my wardrobe... yet ;)





6 comments:

  1. Love the fabrics in that tote!
    P.S. The 4x7 is being hosted by Sarah @ Barn Berry Designs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I fixed it in my post. Too many fingers in too many pies :)

      Delete
  2. Love your bag. The teal is great. Happy Cruising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Nice! Perfect Cruise wear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your purse is adorable! What a concept -- sewing for yourself!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Works for me :) Thanks for dropping by, glad you were able to sort out how to post :)

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)