Wednesday, January 21, 2015

WiPs Jan 21, 2015

Boredom sends me off on tangents, and this year so far seems to be all about BOMs and Quilt Alongs.  This week I've been working on the Snap Shots Quilt Along at Fat Quarter Shop.  No palette for this one as I plan to use whatever is on my shelves, with white on white prints for the background. January's block is Let Them Eat Cake, straight forward and quick to put together.

I also finished January's Row of The Month for By The Bay at Fun Threads.  If I'm honest, I'd have to say I'm a little disappointed with this being considered a Row of the Month and I'm sure glad I downloaded the pattern while it was still free :)  I think I would have been annoyed had I paid $2 for it.


That boredom thing I spoke about... well it lead me to yet another Quilt Along... this one is a Mystery Quilt Along at Love Bug Studios that started on January 4, with a new clue/story and pattern revealed every week until February 8.  It was the name that caught me :)  Downton Abbey's English Manor and while I really wanted to use official Downton Abbey fabrics, I figured it would be almost over before the fabrics arrived and then I would have been rushing to finish it before I leave for England, so, I made a trip to Fabricville yesterday and with some help from one of the ladies chose a palette, trying to keep as close to the colors as possible.  I struggle with choosing fabrics for a project, doing so for a 'mystery' quilt is quite mind boggling.  I cut the pieces for the first three weeks and now I can start sewing.


Manor House - 1 Block 20" x 20"

Aristocracy Medley - Lady's Tiara (2 - 12x12" Blocks) and Earl's Pipe (2- 12x12: Blocks)

Confidante Medley - Anna's Affection (4 12x12" Blocks) and Sarah's Daring (4 12x12" Blocks)

2 comments:

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)