Saturday, January 3, 2015

Happy New Year

Happy New Year, I hope 2015 is filled with wonderful surprises, health and happiness for all of you :)

I'm not really a list maker, especially 'to do' lists, they make me feel pressured and then I lose all focus on what really matters, enjoying myself.  That being said, I do have  things I want to achieve this year...  Finish Snowed Inn is first up.  It is waiting at the machine as I type...


I have two BOMs that I signed up for, Moccasin by AnneMarie Chany of Gen X Quilters and Galaxy by Alyssa Lichner at Pile O Fabrics.  I still haven't completely decided on the palette for Moccasin, I just know I want to use fabric I already have.  I'm still gathering the palette for Galaxy, I have a couple of orders expected to arrive.  Both of these will be 'Both Sides of the Pond' projects, so I have to consider suitcase space.




My sister and her partner are going to Cuba in March and she purchased some lovely ocean prints that she would like a beach bag made from.  I want to design and sew/quilt one to her specifications.  We shall see if that actually happens. I do have several bag patterns I can fall back on :)


I also want to make a wall organizer and machine cover for my fun room.  I don't have a pattern to follow for that either, just some nice sewing prints.


Quilter's World Spring issue arrived on my iPad and there is an awesome Baseball Quilt I want to make for my youngest grandson.   I have to get the baseball prints before I go over to England at the end of March, it's not a popular sport over there and I know from last visit that finding baseball prints would be next to impossible.



Last but not least, I want to make it to January, February and March's MMQG meetings and Sew Ins.



I should be busy enough over the next three months, and then I can plan, gather, sew and brag from the other side of the pond. :)  

1 comment:

  1. I'm debating signing up for a BOM. Good luck with your colour choices.

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)