Saturday, January 3, 2015

First Finish of 2015




Crazy for Red is done and I love it!  It's one of three projects in the Craftsy  Magical Blocks:Out of The Box class with Kimberly Einmo, made from 1 Jelly Roll, 1 Layer Cake and background material. The pattern called for 5m but I didn't use all of it, maybe because I left off the wide border :)   I made a pieced back out of the abundance of layer cake pieces.  Because I quilted the top in sections (three main body and each border strips) adding the back was a bit of a challenge and it's not quilted as tightly as the front.  It looks nice on the back of the living room sofa!
Palette

Waiting for a Photo Op

Perfect points :)  And some free motion quilting... very little, I'm still shaky.


Front



Back
Back


Some shots of the Living Room, just because :)   





3 comments:

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)