Monday, January 5, 2015

Beach Bag

The ocean prints finally made it to the cutting table.  I didn't use all of the prints, deciding to keep it as simple as possible for the bag.  The other prints I'll use to make some pouches which can be tied to the loops on the strap and hang inside the bag.  The front and back panels are double pockets, deep enough to hold the drink mugs, beach shoes, sun screen, etc.  There is a zippered pocket on the inside for valuables.  I followed, for the most part,  a Barbara Weiland Talbert pattern, The Quilted Traveler's Tote but cut it down in size.  I  plan to make a full size Tote for myself  so this was a great trial run.  :)

I managed to get some shots between wind gusts in one of the remaining snow piles.  I wouldn't be upset if Winter went away now...

Ready for quilting...

Front Panel

Back Panel


Top Zip Closed

Top Zip Opened (I used the Dolphin print for the lining, and fussy cut pieces for the front and back panel)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)