My fun room is strewn with projects on the go. Yesterday the backing for Beau Nova arrived so I pulled it out of the 'block' box and laid it out over the ironing board to rethink... it was really too long and not wide enough for my liking, sooooooo I took two blocks off and separated them into half blocks then sewed a half on each end. The other two halves I sewed together and will make a cushion cover from it. That made the length perfect. Now, what to do about the width? Ummmm... more ripper work and the remaining blocks became two strips of quarter stars, not without some readjustment (which included taking seams apart and sewing them again, and again. But that only happened once or twice... maybe three times. Got them done and pinned then sewn in place and back to the ironing board for a nice press. Huh??? How the heck did I manage to get the strips sewn on wrong??? My star points are going in the wrong direction. I've got some more ripper work to do, but it will be tomorrow, my eyes are too tired tonight :)
I also received my Crazy For Red Layer Cake and Jelly Roll yesterday. I'll pair them up with a lovely cream leaf print to make a Star quilt I've been wanting to do. I had hoped to get a start on it, but Beau Nova took over today so Crazy For Red is in waiting mode. Not for long though because I absolutely LOVE the fabrics!
Snowed Inn made it to the newly arrived (yesterday) rotating cutting board, but it too is in wait mode.
I did give it a trial run though, I used it to trim up the six blocks for my Ruby Max Lucy quilt. The blocks (and the uncut letters) are now on my design wall. I have to make a trip to the fabric shop for some brown for the name strip and binding and for something furry/fluffy/soft for the backing.