Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Last Day of 2014

2014 has been a great quilting adventure for me, both here in Nova Scotia and across the pond in England.  I've spent many hours watching videos and learning, took part in several Quilt Alongs and BOMs and improved my skills and confidence with each stitch I've sewn.  What a blast!  I've bragged about and shared my creations here, on Facebook and in my forum and enjoyed the positives shared by friends and family.  I finished 20  projects between March and December, not too shabby for my first year (almost) of Quilting.  Most have been blogged about, some several times, but I'm still going to list them here...
Bearcats - Play Crafts' Broken Herring Bone
Beau Nova - Craftsy November Mystery Quilt Workshop - Andrea Johnson
Blue Bed Runner - Popular Patchwork May 2014 - Pam & Nicky Lintott's Playtime
Blue Cows - Craftsy BOM 2013 Free Mini Class - Laura Nownes
Brown Bed Runner - Popular Patchwork May 2014 - Linda Clements' Springtime
Butterfly Cushion - Quilter's World Summer 2014 - Jenny Rekeweg's Butterfly Garden
Christmas Bed Runner - Love Patchwork & Quilting Issue 10 - Jeni Baker's Vintage Summer
Deck Chair Cushions - Popular Patchwork May 2014 - Katharine Guerrier's Double Pinwheel
For The Love of Sewing - Pile O Fabric's Skill Building BOM 2014 - Alyssa Lichner
Green Monkey Baby Quilt - QAYG Quilt Along - Jera Brandvig
Janome Sewing Machine Cover - Beyond The Block BOM 2014 - Amy Gibson
Miss Kate's Turnover - Craftsy October Mystery Quilt Workshop - Megan Bohr
Penny's Purple Quilt - Popular Patchwork May 2014 - Sue Cooke's Spring Time
Penny's Purple Cushions - Love Patchwork & Quilting Issue 8 - Maureen Cracknell's Circle Squares
Placemats -
Polar Bear Rag Quilt -
Red Car Quilt - Craftsy BOM 2012 Free Mini Class - Amy Gibson
Trifle Dish - Moda Bake Shop QAL
Wheel Chair Lap Quilt - Popular Patchwoork May 2014 - Sue Cooke's Spring Time
Yorkies - My own design using Electric Quilt 7

Polar Bears is still homeless and Green Monkey will make it's way across the pond in March.  The rest have all gone to their permanent homes, 12 in Nova Scotia and 6 in England.

I have three UFOs, Black & White Layered Squares (I forgot to bring it home with me when I crossed the pond in September), Snowed Inn, which is sandwiched and waiting to be quilted and Crazy For Red, which is my WIP for this last Wednesday of 2014 :)

Crazy For Red has been fun and relaxing.  It's a Craftsy Class, Magical Blocks: Out of The Box with Kimberly Einmo.  I decided to quilt it in sections, three main body sections and four border sections, which has made the quilting go quickly with no errrrrrrggggg moments.  I've got the main top done and two of the borders quilted and ready to attach.  I had hoped it would be my last finish of 2014, but I'm not going to rush the finishing so it'll be my first finish of 2015 :)  The back will be pieced using the left over Layer Cake and Jelly Roll pieces used in the front.







Snowed Inn waiting to be quilted

Design Wall

Thank you for following along and for the positives shared in 2014.  Embrace your obsession(s) and enjoy the time spent learning, tweaking and sharing.  I know I have .  Roll on 2015!


2 comments:

  1. That is a very impressive body of work for 2014. I'm sure that 2015 will be just as much fun and just as productive. Keep learning, sewing and sharing. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased with my results :) It's wonderful to have an obsession that has so many rewards, looking forward to whatever 2015 unravels. Love you lots and thanks for sharing with me.

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)