Saturday, December 6, 2014

06/12/14 Saturday Snapshot

My fun room this morning as I prepare to settle in for some Saturday sewing, with a little side trip to cyber world to blog, post on Facebook, and catch up on my Forums.




The plan for today is to finish the FMQ on my last block of For The Love of Sewing.  This is the first time I've tried FMQ on my Brother machine and I must say, it went much better than my attempts on my Janome.  I'm still shaky as all get out and my circles have points, but overall the 'eeks' don't really matter much.  My  'play'station is still cobbled together, but it works and I think I have it in a position I'm comfortable with, so I'll leave it for now.  I'll know better once I start working on project #2 for the weekend, Trifle Dish, which has been hanging around waiting to get quilted.  I hope my walking foot behaves because I definitely will need it.  Project #3, is to get started (only three months late) on SNOW, which is a Row of the Month QAL.

I finished the last three blocks of WISHES yesterday, they are pinned to the wall and waiting for the arrival of my 17 inch rotating cutting board so I can trim them and piece together the top.  I loved doing WISHES, the blocks are fabulous and went together so nicely.

Idaho Beauty

Steps

Grape Basket

Time to get off the computer and start sewing... it's so convenient that my laptop and sewing machine  are only a roll away :)
Enjoy your Saturday, be safe and share some smiles :)  

2 comments:

  1. The blocks look great. Can't wait to see this rotating cutting board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting one for awhile but they are pricey. I took advantage of a Black Friday sale and treated myself :)

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)