Wednesday, November 19, 2014

WIPs 19/11

I have a few WIPs jostling for attention this week.  First thru the sewing machine was the last block in the For The Love of Sewing BOM.  Another freakin' paper pieced block.  Three in a row is a bit much for my liking, but I got er done.  The first half I struggled along with the paper piecing, the second half I switched to simple piece work.  One 'yuck' part (the left corner pieces didn't match up), but I don't care, it's done and it ain't getting redone.  I have it sandwiched and pinned on one of my design walls waiting to be quilted.



Project number two is a Yorkie quilt for my cousin, only one block with a yorkie on it so far, but at least one more is planned, maybe two if I boot up my Electric Quilt 7 program.  The blocks are done and the border is in the planning stages.  I shifted the BOM block over and pinned the yorkie blocks up while I make the final decisions.





Beau Nova is slow going, but I'm making progress.  The cutting is done, the HSTs are sewn (all 288 of them) and half of them are pressed.  I'll finish the pressing tonight, while watching Blue Bloods and then it will be on to the trimming, my least favorite part of making HSTs.






The monkey quilt blocks are finished, trimmed and pinned to the second design wall while I figure out how the heck I'm going to put the quilt together.  It's meant to be a small one, but... I think it's going to need a border or two.


And finally the Christmas Stockings for the dogs.  Pretty simple project, I quilted the fabric (a fat quarter for each one) then cut out the shape.  I used another fat quarter (not quilted) for the top band and used my alpha feature to do their names on the band.  They sort of look like stockings  LOL   I had to take my quilting table off my machine to sew the bands on because I needed the free arm, so there I was sewing in the desk drawer.  I think it's time to design and build my sewing unit, now that I know what I want.







4 comments:

  1. You have been busy. Love the prints in the first photo...especially the dots. The Yorkie looks great. I like the monkey blocks and agree a border is needed -- will frame it very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anja :) Those monkey blocks are giving me a headache they are so bright LOL I have some blue strips cut, I think I'm going to sash them with a thin strip and use the same blue as binding. It's a good thing kiddies like bright :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great projects going on here. Love the colours you chose for Beau Nova.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I love the fabrics. I was a bit afraid they wouldn't be show cased enough in the pattern but the blocks are large and I'm loving them!

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)