While I was in basting mode I got my Christmas Runner done too... well, almost, I ran out of spray with about two feet left to go. ~~~eyeroll~~~ Tip #147 make sure you have enough spray/material/thread...
The bindings for both are cut, joined and pinned to the design wall ready to go.
I would have gotten Miss Kate's Turnover (which isn't anything like the Turnover pattern I was following but that's been yapped about enough) basted had I not run out of Spray baste ;) But, it's ready for when I get more... at Wal Mart because it's cheaper than at Fabricville, even with my discount. I went with a white (not 'the' white, because that got wasted during my frustrations of creating the circles, but again, that's been yapped about enough). I went on the hunt for a blue or lime green but couldn't find a good match. By 'hunt' I mean to Fabricville. I made good use of my 'scrap bins', don't you think (they are holding my Miss Kate display for a picture opp).
Yesterday I spent some time reorganizing the sewing room, before sitting down at the machine and sewing the Miss Kate blocks together. Eventually I'll get it set up to suit, I figure the week before I return to England :)
|Design Wall 1|
|Design Wall 2|
|Stash Holder 1|
|Stash Holder 2 (and Computer holder when the cutting table/desk is in use)|
And now it's what to do with the rest of my Sunday... quilt...read...or blog :)
My rigged up sewing table... gotta love old pine desks, they are so sturdy and adaptable. Actually it's two tables... the desk (my sewing machine sits nicely in the drawer, with two by fours holding it up) and an old sewing cabinet (wheels removed so it won't roll away).