Friday, November 7, 2014

Miss Kate's Squares :)

Finish #3 this week is Miss Kate's Turnover/Squares.  The nightmare is over and I can live with the end result, especially as it will only be until Christmas, when it will live elsewhere.  What a month of frustrations getting this one done!  LOL But it's all been blogged about before and I'm a happy camper now that it's done.  The fabrics are still stunning and I love the backing.   I quilted in the ditch of every square and then did diagonals both ways, EXCEPT in the center square, where I only quilted in the ditch between the squares and around the white border.
Center White Square 
Sewing The Diagonals  
Pinning the Binding

Backing Folded over



Ruby and Max

3 comments:

  1. Phew! That's a lot of quilting! Even if this one was a source of frustration, it turned out very nicely. Those fabrics are lovely.
    And we need to get you some Wonderclips for your binding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finish!! That was a lot of quilting, but it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies :) It's a finish I wasn't sure would happen, more than once.

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)