Monday, October 27, 2014

Catch Up...

Since returning home in September I've been working on getting caught up with my Pile O Fabric 2014 BOM.  It had sort of gone cold for me, but I did bring the finished blocks 'across the pond' with me.  Except for the Scrap Jar, the little beggar must have scurried under some fabric ;)  Me being me, I was getting disinterested because of all the fussiness ...glue basting, painting starch on seams... not to mention that teeth grinding FMQ.  Soooooo, my blocks are constructed differently,  look a little more primitive, and some of the quilting is oogey (especially the scissors).  BUT... I'm getting them done and enjoying the process, so it's all good :)

England Scrap Jar

Canada Scrap Jar

Button

Sewing Hoop

Rotary Cutter

Scissors

Yesterday I got two more done and ready for quilting.

Book Shelf

Ribbons

Today I'm going to tackle paper piecing... I don't think I'm going to do the freezer paper procedure, to me that's double the work.  I may regret that  LOL ;)



5 comments:

  1. Great job!! The blocks look great. It's interesting to see the blocks in a different colour scheme than Jenn's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I thought you had abandoned these blocks for good. FMQ is a tricky, tricky business, especially when you're learning it on your own/from a video. My friend Linda (from the blog Scrapmaster) is giving some classes at It's Sew Time in Elmsdale. I bet you'd find them helpful.
    P.S. I haven't touched the freezer paper piecing yet... after multiple paper jams in my printer, I've lost my momentum on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any freezer paper sheets here (another leave behind). I've been using butcher's paper begged from the local Sobey's as templates for some blocks. But, not for this particular one... way too much duplication of the pattern pieces . I like shortcuts and speed tips.

    As far as FMQ goes, I think I'm just to shaky. I followed along with a Craftsy course on Walking Foot Quilting, that's way more in my comfort zone :) That being said, I haven't tried FMQ on my Brother. The Singer was too choppy (you can tell on the button block).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep on quilting. I enjoy the descriptions as much as the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who would have thought that chatting/posting about the Olympics on Facebook would have lead me to quilting and blogging :) Gotta love how several obsessions unite, thank you Jenn, you are a gem <3

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)