Sunday, June 15, 2014

Red Car Quilt

The backing/binding material and batting arrived on Wednesday so I was able to finish my 'Red Car Quilt', named because it will be residing in a red car, not because it has red cars in it :)  It's actually a British themed sampler, made with a mixture of 12 inch blocks from Craftsy BOM 2012 and my iPad Block Fab app.  I changed the layout a bit, something wasn't looking right to me in the first one. It's the perfect size for a picnic blanket, or just keeping warm when on long road trips.  I slacked on the quilting, partly because there were some blocks I didn't want lines thru (mainly the Scottie Dog and the Sail Boat) and partly because I haven't finished the Craftsy Free Motion course yet, I'm hoping to be a little more proficient with quilting on future projects.  But, until then, I'll stick with some straight line quilting, some of those aren't so straight ;)

Finished Back

Finished Front

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)