Monday, June 2, 2014

Red Car Quilt

I'm following another Craftsy BOM, this one is from 2012 and is another freebie on the Craftsy site.  All of the blocks are supposed to be 12" when finished.  We shall see, I seem to fail in the 'finished size is' department more often than not :)

I'm using a Fat Quarter bundle of British prints, but I know  there won't be enough so will add to it as I go.  Or make the quilt smaller... The red backing/binding material is ordered and should arrive this week.  This one will be quilted and finished on this side of the pond, as it's meant to be kept in D's red car, to toss on the ground for picnics or beach sitting or to keep warm on long car trips.


 The bundle laid out, with some solids thrown in.


The first three blocks done...
I cringed when I saw the first block was an astrix.  I had so much trouble with the ones I did for Pile o Fabric's 2014 BOM, but the larger size made this one come together nicely.  The centre is still bulky, but manageable
Astrix

Balkan Puzzle 

Wonky Pound Sign

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)