Monday, June 16, 2014

Penny's Purple Quilt

My grand daughter turns 5 in August, so I'm making her a small quilt to drag around.  Something she can use in the yard to play on or in the car to cover her lap on road trips.  I love the idea of quilts being used, I think it gives them character and creates memories, hopefully good ones :)

I'm following a pattern in May's Popular Patchwork magazine, Spring Song by Sue Cooke of Cookes Quilting Supplies, www.cookesquilting.co.uk and using some pieces from a Fat Quarters bundle I purchased at www.onlinesewing.co.uk.

Yesterday, while D was out on a call I cut the squares and pieced the main part of the top together.  I'm really liking this one. :)

Fat Quarters

Cut Squares

Half Square Triangles Squares marked and pinned

Magazine

Ironed

Finished :)

2 comments:

  1. Nothing quite like quilts for kiddos. They know how to wear things out with love! Pssst... did you know you're a no-reply blogger? It means I can't reply to you when you comment on my posts. You can google how to change it in Blogger :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think I fixed it :)

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)